The School Board met on 23 August for its 4th meeting of the year. The following items were discussed at the meeting.
- Board Membership – we are pleased to welcome Ms Danica Goods to her first Board Meeting.
- IPS Independent Review – the Board reviewed the IPS Independent Review report and were very pleased to receive such positive reinforcement for all the work that the school has been doing to achieve outstanding results for our students. The Board thanked Mrs Su Wilson for her hard work, dedication and thorough preparation and planning to enable the review process to be so successful.
- Business Plan Preparation – a timeline for the preparation of the 2014 – 2017 Business Plan for the school was confirmed. It was agreed to invite Mr Michael Webb to facilitate the preparation of the new Plan. The Board intends to build on the existing Business Plan and seek community input into its revision. Community input will be sort through an “Open Forum” for staff and parents to provide input into the school’s direction. The forum will be facilitated by an external provider to allow staff, Board members and parents to fully participate in the meeting. A tentative date has been set for Wednesday 30 October at 7.00pm.
- Rotary – the school has been approached by the Rotary Club of Western Endeavour who are keen to provide support and assistance. A meeting will be set up with the Chair and Principal to discuss opportunities for involvement in the school.
- Shenton College – Mrs Wilson advised the Board that the scholarship for the Dux of Rosalie who attends Shenton College has been increased to $1000.00. A wonderful initiative for final year students planning to go on to Shenton College to study hard!
- Planning for 2014 – Mrs Wilson discussed plans for the next school year including staff, enrolments and the preparation for the double graduation activities for the Year 6 and Year 7 students of 2014. It was agreed that plans would be reviewed by staff, the P&C and then discussed with students prior to finalizing arrangements.
The next Board meeting will be held at 4.00pm on Thursday 17 October and will be open to the public. In the meantime, community members are welcome to discuss any issues they would like to be raised with Board members.